Wednesday, December 29, 2010

“First Love” -Book Excerpt

“First Love”

“Scared of what?” Bree said.
“Scared of not knowing what to do with a girl in your bed. How do you know what’s the right way?” I said really wanting to learn how to be prepared for my first time.
“Oh you want to know how to make it good? You want a lesson? I can show you but there is something about a woman’s body that when you're listening, it will give you direction on how to find that spot that makes her bed rock.” Bree said leaning closer to me.
“Yeah I think I would like a lesson.” I said feeling myself flirting dangerously with her sexual intentions.
“Alright come on. I’m going to take you somewhere.” Bree said and started the car up.
“Ok. Where are we going?” I asked not really knowing where she wanted to take me.
“The L Word is a lesbian show about the lives of women living in L.A. it shows a glimpse of what lesbian life is like. You will like it and it will answer some of your questions. I’ll grab you some movie snacks too. It's a must see series.” Her eyes stared into mine and I felt a warm sensation throughout my body.
“The L Word is my first lesson? Let’s go.” I loved being with Bree. I didn’t care about telling Mom where I was or what I was doing. I know she called and texted a few times earlier but I didn’t feel like her ruining my time with Bree.
Wal-mart was open 24 hours. There were mostly night shift workers in the store unloading boxes and putting products way. We spent almost 45 minutes in the store, looking around at random items we were buying.
We only picked up the first three seasons of the series only because the the fourth and fifth season weren’t in stock. I grabbed some skittles and Bree got snickers. We headed to the front of the store to pay for our items, when we heard someone yell “dyke!”.
“Did you hear that?” I turned around looking for where it came from.
“Yeah, come let’s just get out of here.” Bree said walking faster towards the cash registers.
We got in line behind an older white woman who only had a few food items. The cashier was an older indian man who name tag read, Fred. He didn’t look like a Fred to me. It was our turn and Fred was scanning our items when three white boys walked behind us coughing the word dyke.
“Excuse me did you have something to say?” I asked irritated by them trying to mock us as if they knew us. I wanted them to at least have the balls to say it to our face.
“Ain’t nobody talking to you carpet-muncher.” The tallest boy spat out.
“Come on Vannah, let it go. We’re paying for this and leaving.” Bree said like she was scared.
“Better listen to the butch dyke, she’s knows what’s best for yall.” The middle boy jumped in.
“Let’s go! Vannah!” Bree said dragging me by the arm out of the store. I hadn’t even seen her pay for them items she had in the bag. Guess Fred wanted us to leave quick too.
“Who do they think they are? They just can’t talk to people like that! They don’t know us! Fuck them!” I was at my boiling point. These boys, Mom and everyone else in the world who wanted to judge had pushed me beyond anger.

by

C. Truth

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home